Why not come and walk with our lovely alpacas.
Walking with alpacas is great fun and we hope to make it both enjoyable and informative. All of our alpacas are halter trained and whilst here at Spring Farm you will get to meet some of them. All alpacas have their own personalities and come in an amazing 22 different colours (or perhaps more accurately – shades). We will introduce you to our walking team and to other groups of alpacas (and llamas) whilst you are here.
We will also tell you all about alpacas, where they came from, and their daily routines. As we are a farm in Higher Level Stewardship, we also pride ourselves on our farm’s biodiversity and will endeavour to make your walk with our alpacas a veritable “safari” and hopefully you will get to spot some of our other resident British wildlife. Even if not, we can tell you some of the sights you might see “next time” and lastly some of the history of the High Weald and its AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty).
BOOK YOUR VISIT NOW
(Please read Terms and Conditions below before booking)
£25 to walk an alpaca.
£10 per accompanying person not walking an alpaca (both including VAT).
Please note: IF YOU BOOK TO WALK ALPACAS AND YOU WISH TO BOOK FRIENDS TO ACCOMPANY – THE NUMBER ACCOMPANYING CANNOT EXCEED THE NUMBER WALKING ALPACAS.
If you have a voucher then this can be used at checkout – please bring with you on the day.
The minimum number of walking alpacas on any day must be two as they are herd animals. The online system doesn’t therefore allow to book single alpaca walks. If you wish to book a single walk and join in with others, please contact us by email.
Please fill in the form below
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Please read before booking)
- All walks must be pre-booked and are available every day of the week and all year round.
- Children must be over 12 years old to walk an alpaca on their own, although children aged 8 to 12 may accompany the walk providing that each child is accompanied by an adult.
- It is important at the time of booking that we know if any of those walking have any health limitations or health issues that we should be aware of. Where possible, we are very happy to modify the walk or distance in a way that accommodates any health concerns.
- Walking an alpaca allows you to walk YOUR VERY OWN ALPACA for the entirety of the walk.
- Accompanying a walker entitles you to walk alongside an alpaca walker but not to walk an alpaca yourself.
- We sometimes take a llama on the walk as well as the alpacas. If you would rather not walk a llama please let us know.
- Alpacas are herd animals so a minimum of 2 alpacas must be booked for each walk. We normally cater for up to 10 walking alpacas on any given walk.
- It is possible to accommodate single walkers but only in conjunction with another group so as to always have a minimum of 2 alpacas walking. If you want to book a single, please get in touch via email.
- Walks start from the farm yard at about midday. We ask that you arrive ten minutes beforehand so we can be good to go at midday. If you arrive earlier, we would suggest visiting Trading Boundaries at the end of our road for coffee/tea as we are working right up to 11:50am most days!
- We are not an “open farm” and can only offer alpaca walks by prior arrangement.
- If you would like us to recommend local places to meet for a coffee/drinks or lunch beforehand/afterwards – please see Local eateries and attractions
- Our farm is on clay so sensible footwear is a must (wellies in the Winter, walking boots or trainers in summer) and we strongly recommend long trousers..
- Clothing should be appropriate for the conditions but please avoid really bright colours or anything that might flap.
- We have stringent bio-security so we will ask you to dip your footwear on arrival.
- Our alpacas and llamas are not used to dogs so we have a strict no dog policy on the farm or walk.
- Alpacas are like us and won’t be happy to walk in bad weather. If we (or you) defer due to bad weather or unforeseen circumstances, we are happy to rebook at a mutually agreeable time thereafter.
- We can cater for educational visits, hen parties or special events – please contact us for details.
- Vouchers are available (and gift cards) – please contact us for details.
- We offer a fabulous one bedroom holiday let if you wanted to extend your stay or just chill out/ help out on a working alpaca farm – just bear in mind its for a minimum of a week!
GETTING TO SPRINGFARM
Spring Farm is conveniently situated in mid Sussex but convenient for Surrey, Kent and the South East of England. We are a short taxi drive away from our local station at Haywards Heath (45 minutes from London Victoria/London Bridge) making a walk with alpacas an easy option for a day out from London or even Gatwick airport (30 minutes away by car)! There is lots more to do within easy reach and we are happy to recommend local pubs, eateries and attractions – so why not make visiting us part of an amazing day or weekend. You might even consider staying at our holiday let: “The Lodge”. Just bear in mind its for a minimum of a week!
If you are travelling here to walk with alpacas by car, and you are using Sat-Nav (postcode TN22 3SA), then you may be directed to Archer’s Cottage/Moyses Farm. Don’t despair, we are slightly off the beaten track! You are on the right road and if you are passing the above farms on the left, keep going and you will find us on your left in about 400 yards. Look out for the following sign and gate:
If you need to contact us directly or have any queries please get in touch.
Contacts: Vicki or Chris Agar
Telephone: 01825 790885 or 07776 181811/12
Witches Lane (North Hall Lane)
Please note: Google maps has us on Witches Lane but the postal address is North Hall Lane